Individuals seeking to come to Samoa under the auspices of the NUS to conduct academic or scientific research must have a Temporary Resident Permit for Academic or Scientific Research before entering Samoa. Applications for a Research Permit cost $600 for the principal applicant and $300 for each dependent. Applicants must supply the following documentation to the Samoa Immigration Division of the Ministry of the Prime Minister and Cabinet:

  • a passport valid for a minimum of six months after the intended period of stay in Samoa for the principal applicant and any dependents
  • a letter from the applicant's home institution supporting the research
  • a letter from NUS supporting the research
  • evidence of sufficient funds for self-support and onward travel (typically a copy of a bank statement and plane ticket)

For further information see

Go to top